Phasmophobia

 






Phasmophobia is a game I've recently checked out with a couple of friends, and was quite surprised at how immersive the game can be. Most games you have the controller, and the game displayed on the TV screen but in this game you've got to speak to do certain things, such as Calling out a Ghost's name or asking questions like "Show me a Sign". When you move past just using hardware and actually begin talking to the ghost it becomes like a real entity as immersion takes over. My friend Jesus asked the particular ghost we were "hunting" "where are you" and on a Scanner we hear the ghost say "Behind" and then Jesus continues and say "Show yourself" and... well everything start flickering, doors lock and eventually it ends in our dear friend's death. Immersion is a really big thing when it comes to certain games, RPG'S it is a core concept but in games like this, it may be really important and games should continue finding more unique experiences to involve the player in other ways than just using a controller. It really enhanced the experience and I can say this is one of the most fun games I've played with friends in awhile. 















Comments

  1. I played this game with my friend before. I agree that it is an immersive experience. I like how you said this game immerses the player because it relies on spoken commands rather than a controller. This changes the gameplay and forces the player to interact more directly with the game, coming up with their own actions. I haven't heard of a game that does this before but I am assuming it relies on AI or something like that to be able to carry out these spoken commands. I'll definitely have to try this out again in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having seen a couple playthroughs, I've noticed that this is an entertaining game in more ways the one. Along with the interactions with the ghost, having to figure out what type of ghost the player is investigating, and all the different equipment you use and signs in the environment that hint at the type of ghost you're dealing with adds an extra layer of enjoyment to the experience.

    - Byron

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

For The King (tabletop games)

Legends Of Runeterra